The Canon de 76 M(montagne) modele 1909 Schneider (76 mm mle.09) was a mountain gun manufactured by a French company, Schneider. An earlier version, the 75 mm Schneider-Danglis 06/09 had been designed, in 1906, by a Greek officer (Colonel Danglis), who designed it as a 75 mm gun. This gun was used by Greece who, by 1939, had sold many of these guns to Finland, where it was known as the 75 LK 13. In 1909, the revised 76.2 mm gun was produced for Russia, which wanted to replace low-powered 3-inch mountain gun M1904 designed by Obukhov plant. The Russians would designated this as the 76 mm mountain gun M1909 (76-09) and developed several modifications (fortress 3-inch counter-assault gun M1910 and "short" gun M1913, 76 LK 10 and 76 LK 13 in Finnish service). In 1941, the Germans captured a number of 76-09s, which they referred to as 7.62 cm GebK 293(r). The guns were sometimes equipped with an armoured shield.