76 mm regimental gun M1943

The 76-mm regimental gun M1943 (OB-25) (Russian: 76-мм полковая пушка обр. 1943 г. (ОБ-25)) was a Soviet infantry support gun developed in 1943 by M. Yu. Tsiryulnikov at the ordnance plant in Motovilikha. The gun used a modernized barrel from the 76 mm regimental gun M1927 and the carriage from the 45 mm anti-tank gun M1942 (M-42). The gun was intended for destruction of light field fortifications and openly placed personnel by direct fire. HEAT shells gave it limited anti-armor capabilities. 76.2-mm regimental guns M1943 completely replaced M1927 guns in production that year and were built until the end of the German-Soviet War. Soon after the end of the war the production ceased due to insufficient range and muzzle velocity.

76 mm regimental gun M1943
Class Vehicle
Type Towed Artillery
Manufacturer Motovilikha Plants
Production Period 1943 - 1945
Origin Russia (USSR)
Country Name Origin Year
Russia (USSR) 1943
Country Name Operational Year Retirement Year
Russia (USSR) 1943 1945 View
ManufacturerName Production From Production To Quantity
Motovilikha Plants 1943 1945 5122 View

Type Infantry support gun
Place of origin Soviet Union
Service history
In service 1943-45
Used by  Soviet Union
Wars World War II
Production history
Designer Motovilikha Plants, M. Yu. Tsiryulnikov
Produced 1943-1945
Number built 5122
Specifications
Weight combat: 600 kg (1,322 lbs)
travel: 1,300 kg (2,866 lbs)
Barrel length 1.25 m (4.1 ft) L/16.5
Shell 76.2 × 385 mm. R
Caliber 76.2 mm (3 in)
Carriage split trail
Elevation -8° to 25°
Traverse 60°
Rate of fire 10 - 12 rpm
Muzzle velocity 262 - 311 m/s
(859 - 1,020 ft/s)
Maximum firing range 4.2 km (2.6 mi)

End notes