The Marmon-Herrington Combat Tank Light was a series of US light tanks produced for the export market at the start of the Second World War. The CTL-3 had a crew of two and was armed with three .30 caliber (7.62 mm) machine guns.
A few saw combat in the Dutch East Indies campaign against the Japanese invasion. In mid-1942 a batch was diverted to Australia from the Dutch order where they were used for training A small number were used by the Marine Corps' 1st Tank and 1st Scout Companies prior to the war. Some were employed on Western Samoa. None saw action. After the attack on Pearl Harbor some of these tanks were taken over by the United States Army and employed in Northern Alaska as the Light Tank T14 and Light Tank T16.