The Pansarbil m/39 or Lynx was a Swedish 4x4 armoured car that AB Landsverk began developing in 1937 for the Danish Army.
The Lynx had a low slung body with well sloped, but thin, armour. The 140 hp Scania-Vabis petrol engine was in the middle on the left side. The crew consisted of six troops; a forward driver and hull machine gunner, two similar positions in the rear hull, and two crew in the revolving turret which mounted a 20mm Madsen cannon and a coaxial light machine gun.
Three vehicles were delivered to Denmark in April 1938, but a further batch of fifteen were still awaiting delivery to Copenhagen when the war broke out in 1939. These were then confiscated by the Swedes who employed them as the Pansarbil m/39 and ordered a further thirty units for the Swedish Army. As Landsverk lacked the capacity the new batch was manufactured by Volvo, and hence powered by a Volvo engine, designated Pansarbil m/40.
All Swedish cars were fitted with a Bofors 20 mm akan m/40 automatic cannon instead of the Madsen.
In 1956, 13 of the m/39s were sold to the Dominican Republic.