The T19 Howitzer Motor Carriage (HMC), was a World War II United States Army self-propelled gun mounted on a half-track chassis. Its principal armament was a 105 mm (4.1 in) howitzer with an air-cooled .50 in (13 mm) M2 machine gun for local defense. It was produced by Diamond T between January 1942 and April 1942.
It principally served in the North African Campaign, although some served in the Allied invasion of Sicily and the subsequent Italian Campaign, and even as late as the invasion of southern France in 1944.
The T19 Howitzer Gun Motor Carriage was similar to the M3 Half-track. The T19 was 20 ft 2 in long, 6 ft 5 in wide, 7 ft 8 in high, with a weight of 9.54 short tons (8.65 t). The suspension consisted of semi-elliptical longitudinal leaf springs for the wheels and vertical volute springs for the tracks. Powered by a White 160AX, 147 hp (110 kW), 386 in3 (6.33 l), six-cylinder petrol engine with a compression ratio of 6.3:1, it was capable of a maximum road speed of 45 mph (72 km/h). The power-to-weight ratio was 14.7 hp/tonne. The vehicle was operated by a crew of six. Maximum armor was only 0.5 inch (12.7 mm) at the windshield. The armament consisted of one 105 mm (4.1 in) M2A1 howitzer with a single .50 caliber (12.7 mm) M2 Browning machine gun for local defence.