While the first Jupiter Fighter was evaluated at Martlesham Heath and found wanting, being lost on 23 November 1923 when the engine seized at high altitude, the second was sent to Sweden for evaluation, where it coped excellently with the extreme cold of the Swedish winter, with the Jupiter, using normal fuels and winter motor oil, operating without trouble in temperatures which normally caused engine oil to freeze in hours. The second Type 76 was therefore purchased by the Swedish Air Force, who operated it from May 1924 until 1935, when it was sold to a private buyer, finally being written off in 1936. The final Type 76 was used as a testbed for a high compression version of the Jupiter intended for use at high altitudes, which was fitted with a bi-fuel system to allow use of alcohol at low altitudes, then switching to normal petrol once the aircraft had reached sufficient altitude to prevent premature detonation (Engine knocking). This system was rejected in favour of supercharging.
The Jupiter-powered advanced trainers entered service with the Bristol-operated Reserve Flying School at Filton in 1924. They were also used by the Reserve Flying School at Renfrew operated by William Beardmore and Company, with the Beardmore-owned aircraft being powered by Jupiter VI engines, while the Filton-based aircraft were powered by surplus Jupiter IV engines, as an economy measure. They remained in use at Renfrew until 1928, and at Filton until 1933, when they were replaced by Hawker Hart trainers and scrapped.