The C.714 was a fighter aircraft developed by Caudron-Renault for the French Air Force just prior to the start of World War II. The C.714 saw limited production, and was assigned to Polish pilots flying in France after the fall of Poland in 1939. On 25 May, only a week after it was introduced, French Minister of War Guy la Chambre ordered all C714s to be withdrawn from active service. Since the French authorities had no other aircraft to offer, the Polish pilots ignored the order and continued to fly the Caudrons.
A small number were also supplied to Finland to fight in the Winter War. Finnish pilots found that it was difficult to start and land the aircraft from the air bases at the front. The Finnish C.714 aircraft were permanently grounded on September 10 1940, and taken out of service in 1941.