Schmidt-Rubin

The Schmidt–Rubin rifles were a series of Swiss Army service rifles in use between 1889 and 1953. They are distinguished by the straight-pull bolt action invented by Rudolf Schmidt and use Eduard Rubin's 7.5×55mm Schmidt–Rubin rifle cartridge.

Schmidt-Rubin
Class Manportable
Type Rifles
Manufacturer Waffenfabrik Bern
Origin Switzerland
Country Name Origin Year
Switzerland 1889
Country Name Operational Year Retirement Year
Switzerland View
ManufacturerName Production From Production To Quantity
Waffenfabrik Bern View

Caliber - 7.5x53.5mm Swiss (GP90 & GP 90/03)7.5x54.5mm Swiss (GP90/23)

Action - Straight-pull bolt action

End notes